Homeowner's and Renter's Insurance Coverage Options
Interested in learning more about our Personal Insurance products and how you can be the best steward of your insurance dollars? Contact Moyer & Moyer for complete details of coverages.
We can help you select the best policies so you can live a better quality of life, the life you deserve.
There is a reason why “home sweet home” and “there’s no place like home” are such well-known phrases. You’ve put so much time, money and effort into your house, making it an extremely valuable asset. For most it’s more than just a house, it’s a safe place where memories are made every single day. Working with an insurance company who fully understands and is aware of these things is necessary. We represent several reliable insurance companies and will help you find one that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and fair pricing. Coverage availability and prices may vary by company.
Depending on the company you choose, you can get discounts for:
- Having a burglar alarm system
- Owning a newer residence
- Having a claim-free past
- Insuring your vehicles with the same company
Additional benefits include:
- Repair warranty
- 24-Hour claims hotline access
- Adjustable billing -including working with your mortgage company
- Cost of living - if your home becomes uninhabitable due to a claim
Why You Need Homeowner’s Insurance
It’s a scary thought knowing that something could happen to your home without reason, which is why homeowner’s insurance is the key to protecting, rebuilding, or replacing your living quarters and even your personal belongings.
One of the strongest purposes of insurance is to protect you against losses you financially cannot afford. There are very few people who have the financial resources to rebuild their home. In addition to protecting your home and possessions, homeowner’s insurance also provides liability coverage to protect you if someone is hurt or harmed on your property and sues for damages.
A homeowner’s insurance policy consists of coverage for not only your dwelling, but for your personal property as well. It also includes liability insurance which pays for injuries to other people or casualties to their property accidentally caused by you, your family members or your family pets. You’ll also have the option to include several types of additional insurance policies for property that is not listed in your homeowner’s policy or for perils not covered — such as flood —which would be a separate policy.
Our intent is to make sure the home you go to back to is just as great, if not better, than before the accident. We specifically work to make sure your home is insured for its replacement value so your family can return home with minimal financial interruption.
Tips for Keeping Your Rates Low
We’ve got a few simple steps you can take to lower your homeowner’s premiums:
- Raise Your Deductible – A deductible is the amount you put down before the insurance begins paying for your loss. Considering the intent of insurance is to pay for accidents and losses you cannot afford, raise your deductible to a limit that you could handle in case of an unexpected loss.
- New Home – You may be eligible for a new home discount if your home is less than 10 years old.
- Make Your Home Safer – You may be eligible for a discount if you have certain safety alarm systems and/or sprinkler systems installed in your home. Supervised systems typically earn a more substantial discount over unmonitored systems.
- Construction Material – When you buy a home, look for fire-resistant construction, such as brick, stonework or rock. It’s possible that you may pay a lower premium for hail-resistant roofs, such as those made of concrete tile. Also, avoid home-purchasing in flood-prone areas.
Reach out to one of our insurance agents for more tips to keep your premiums low!
THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY A GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE AVAILABLE COVERAGES AND IS NOT A CONTRACT. IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP YOUR POLICY COVERAGES AFFORDABLE, THE ACTUAL POLICY CONTAINS CERTAIN LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR INSURANCE POLICY FOR THE PERTINENT CONTRACT LANGUAGE AND COVERAGES. SOME COVERAGES OR DISCOUNTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL STATES.