Church Property Coverage
Interested in learning more about our specialized Church Insurance Products that are created specifically for congregations and denominations? Contact Moyer & Moyer for complete details of coverages.
We’re committed to serving those who serve God.
Property coverage refers to financial protection in the event of fire, theft, vandalism, and some kinds of weather damage. For a church, this means coverage of items such as your buildings, the buildings’ contents, signs, property in the open, fences, etc. GuideOne’s FaithGuard Church policy automatically includes coverage for the above standard items, along with many non-standard items, such as those listed below:
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance - Coverage includes computers, boilers, and electrical equipment
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Property – Coverage is an extension of your property coverage.
- Pastor’s Personal Property – Covers the pastor’s personal property at the house of worship.
- Ordinance or Law Coverage – Provides coverage for building updates or construction when it’s required by ordinance following a covered loss or risk.
- Stained Glass Window Protection – Insures and protects your churches stained glass windows.
- Utility Service Interruption Coverage – Protects against direct damage to utilities. Coverage includes circumstances like damage to utilities from a storm, strong winds, tornadoes, and more
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- Indirect Loss - Relates to loss in income and/or additional expenses as a result of a covered peril.
- Appurtenant Buildings & Property in the Open – The FaithGuard policy includes an automatic extension of coverage for up to $50,000 for appurtenant buildings and property in the open such as sheds, garages and playground equipment.
- Sewer, Drain Backup, Sump Backup or Overflow – The FaithGuard policy includes an automatic extension of coverage up to the policy property limit for resultant damage caused by overflow or backup of sewer, drain, or sump pump in the insured building. This is subject to the policy deductible.
The FaithGuard Church policy encompasses the protection your church needs while staying up-to-date with risks that your church could face.
Available Add-On Coverages
As your ministry grows and advances, your church will want to start looking at the following add-on coverages to add to your policy for even greater peace of mind:
- Crime Coverage provides protection for losses resulting from theft, employee deceit, fabrication, dishonesty and shifting.
- Inland Marine protects property that may be moved from one place to another, as well as uncommon types of property and possessions of creative quality.
- Computer Fraud Coverage covers the loss of money, securities and other tangible personal property caused by computer fraud by non-employees.
- Green Upgrade Coverage pays for the reasonable extra costs it may take to upgrade to building elements that are more energy efficient and environmentally friendly. Could also include the appliances in the event of a covered loss.
- Limited Flood Coverage provides building and personal property coverage on a limited basis when loss or damage is a direct result of flood.
- Key Person Replacement Coverage reimburses recruitment expenses when searching to replace a senior or executive pastor who died in a work-related accident.
These add-on coverages are based on the needs of your church and can be added to the policy at any time.
When you work with us, we strive to get to know your church and the unique needs of your congregation. We will help you choose the right coverage and add-ons for your property to ensure your ministry can continue, even through difficult times. Contact us for more information about Church Property Insurance and which add-ons might be best for your church.
THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY A GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE AVAILABLE COVERAGES AND IS NOT A CONTRACT. IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP YOUR POLICY COVERAGES AFFORDABLE, THE ACTUAL POLICY CONTAINS CERTAIN LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR INSURANCE POLICY FOR THE PERTINENT CONTRACT LANGUAGE AND COVERAGES. SOME COVERAGES OR DISCOUNTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL STATES
Additional Policies Available
In addition to Church Property and Church Liability insurance, Moyer & Moyer Insurance Agency, in partnership with GuideOne, can offer you several additional policies to complement your church insurance coverage such as the following. Click each policy for more details.