Insurance for a church or religious institution can be confusing, overwhelming, and without the right guidance, you could find yourself over or underinsured which can cost you in more ways than just financially. At Moyer & Moyer, we specialize in insuring churches. It’s our passion and we strive to be the best resource for churches in the market. Let’s get started!
Luckily, the team at Moyer & Moyer are church insurance experts! Let's discuss some of the basics of church insurance and what you need to do to ensure your church is properly covered.
- Property insurance is just that, coverage for your property and things the church owns. Your liability insurance covers you for anything you may be found liable which causes damage to another (examples: slip and fall, light or a speaker fell, etc.). General liability insurance is your best defense against any such liability and the possible litigation that can follow. Call us today to discuss the proper coverage amounts for your church! You can also get excess liability coverage, or umbrella coverage, for added peace of mind.
- Employee liability insurance is needed anytime you’re employing staff. This coverage, much like business insurance, will protect the church from wrongful termination, discrimination claims, etc. Any litigation or lawsuits can fall into this coverage category as well depending on circumstance.
- Worker’s Compensation is also necessary to protect your church in the event an employee is injured on the job. We hate to see anyone get injured, and we’d hate it even more if it caused the church to go bankrupt. Protect yourself and enjoy the peace of mind!
- Sadly, it’s becoming more and more common for churches to face lawsuits for a variety of inappropriate behaviors, whether it’s true or not. Liability insurance will also be beneficial in this type of instance as well. Even an allegation of misconduct can send your legal defense fees through the roof (your roof is insured, right?).
- Business auto policies should also be in order if your church owns vehicles. There are many stipulations around what vehicles are protected and which aren’t, so be careful when shopping. Church vehicles typically are larger and carry quite a few passengers. Having a qualified agent helping you sounds better and better, doesn’t it? Let us help you decide on the appropriate auto policy to protect you from the greatest amount of risk for the smallest premium we can find. We are here to help you every step of the way.
Moyer and Moyer have over 30 years of experience insuring churches and understands every aspect of protecting you as you help your communities and spread God’s love! Let us help you! Call today for a free consultation.